Privacy statement in accordance with Sections 10 and 24 of the Personal Data Act (523/1999), K-Plussa customer file
1. Controller of the data file
Postal address: Satamakatu 3, 00016 Kesko, Finland
Tel. +358 1053 020
Visiting address: Mannerheimintie 117, Helsinki, Finland
2. Contact person in charge of personal data files
Tel +358 1053 37073
3. Name of the file
K-Plussa customer file (K-Plussa customer register)
4. Purpose of processing personal data
The file is used with the permission of card holders for the purpose of managing customer relationships under K-Plus Oy's K-Plussa programme, contacting customers and marketing. Data on K-Plussa card holders’ purchasing patterns is collected at sum total, product group and product level unless the card holder has opted out of such data collection. Information from the data file is used by companies belonging to the K-Plussa programme for direct marketing purposes unless the card holder has chosen to prevent his/her details from being transferred in this way. Additionally, card holder information may be used to update the customer data files of companies belonging to the
K-Plussa system if the card holder has given consent for this as part of the agreement and has not subsequently prohibited such transfer of information.
5. Data content of the file
Basic details on the K-Plussa card applicant:
• Customer number
• Customer type (person/company)
• Date on which the customer relationship began
• Surname, first names
• Street address, post code, post town
• Home phone number, mobile phone number
• Email address
• Date of birth or personal identification number
Data on secondary card applicants
• Surname, first names
• Street address, post code, post town
• Date of birth or personal identity number
Additionally, the number of members of each household is saved along with the years in which the children of the household were born.
The account number provided by the K-Plussa customer for the purpose of receiving bank transfers of sums equivalent to the values of vouchers.
• Card number
• Period of validity
• Date on which the card application was submitted
• Card type
• Card number of expired/lost cards
Additionally, the name of the business at which the card application was submitted is stored.
Information is stored on whether the customer has chosen to prohibit the collection of purchase patterns or transfer of the customer's personal information for direct marketing purposes or for updating customer data files. Any applicable prohibitions related to information about points or the K-Group's loyal customer magazine are also stored.
The data file also includes the card holder's consent to send marketing communications by email
or to the card holder's mobile phone.
Information related to the use of the K-Plussa card:
• Purchases made using the card at final sum, product group or product level (unless the customer has prohibited this), including the place of purchase, the receipt number, the means of payment, and the date and time of purchase
• Discounts granted on the basis of the K-Plussa customer relationship and
• information on builder or renovator customer relationships with K-rauta or Rautia
• and/or any other memberships of the customer programmes of companies belonging to the
• The number of K-Plussa points accrued by the customer each month
• The number of vouchers sent to the customer and the voucher serial numbers
• The dates on which the customer's vouchers were used, along with the place of use
• The customer's request for monetary sums equivalent to the voucher values to be transferred
to a bank account
The data file also includes information related to managing the customer relationship, including recordings of customer service telephone calls and information on marketing and customer service activities.
The data file also includes a record of whether the person belongs to any of the various clubs related
to K-Plussa customer relationships or similar, such as:
• Napero-kerho (as well as the dates of birth of the member's children if the member is registered and has provided these)
• Musta Pörssi's warranty register
• Kodin Ykkönen's interior designer concept
• Identification details for users who have registered for the K-Plussa website
• Information regarding any means of payment connected to the card holder's K-Plussa card or regarding applying the K-Plussa feature to a payment card issued by a financial house
• Whether the customer wishes to donate all or some of his/her K-Plussa points to charity and any chosen charity
• Information regarding whether the customer has surpassed the purchase threshold that entitles customers to receive the loyal customer magazine
• Records based on statistical classifications related to the customer relationship
• Whether the person has become a K-Plussa developer
• Any sponsorship targets selected for the household
6. Regular data sources
The card holder's basic details, the number of members of the household and the years of birth of
the children of the household are saved from the card holder's card application and from information provided to the controller of the data file throughout the customer relationship. Updated addresses and information on deaths is received from Itella Oyj unless the card holder has chosen to prevent this information from being disclosed.
Direct marketing prohibition, purchase registration prohibition and prohibition regarding the disclosure
of the customer's address for the purpose of updating customer data files is saved from the information sent by the card holder to the controller of the data file, as well as the customer's request to receive
a bank transfer of the sum corresponding to the value of his/her vouchers. Prohibitions applying to information on points and K-Group's loyal customer magazine is stored if the customer provides this information.
Data related to the use of the K-Plussa card is received from the POS systems used by the companies that are involved in the K-Plussa programme. Data on K-Plussa points and vouchers is formed by the information system belonging to the controller of the data file.
Information regarding the customer's membership of customer programmes of the companies belonging to the K-Plussa system is received either from the company that maintains the programme or from the card holder.
Nordea Rahoitus Suomi Oy has provided information about its customers' K-Plussa card-related features and card numbers.
Osuuspankkikeskus Osk provides information about the use of the K-Plussa feature on cards issued
to customers of companies belonging to OP-Pohjola Group, as well as information about K-Plussa MasterCards that are issued to customers, including the card numbers and related K-Plussa numbers.
Nordea Bank Finland Plc and Danske Bank Plc provide information about the use of the K-Plussa feature on payment cards issued by the banks, including the card numbers and related K-Plussa numbers.
7. Regular disclosure of information and transfer of information outside the EU or EEA
Data is disclosed from the file to companies belonging to the K-Plussa programme for direct marketing purposes on the basis of the consent provided by the card holder on the card application.
Additionally, card holders' personal data may be disclosed from the data file for the purpose
of updating the information on the customer data files of companies belonging to the K-Plussa programme unless the person has prohibited such disclosures.
Companies belonging to the K-Plussa programme may not disclose this data to any other parties.
Data may be transferred within the limits permitted by the Personal Data Act outside of the EU
or the EEA.
8. Data protection principles
K-Plus Oy complies with strictly regulated confidentiality requirements. Information relating to individuals is only disclosed in the event of disclosure obligations under legislation, which includes the individual's own request or requests made by officials on the basis of legislation.
Information stored manually
Card applications and other documents that include customer data and that are processed manually are stored in locked, fire-safe storage areas following initial processing. Only specific employees of K-Plus Oy and companies operating on K-Plus Oy's assignment or behalf are entitled to manually process stored customer data.
Data that is processed using automatic data processing
Only specific employees of K-Plus Oy and companies operating on K-Plus Oy's assignment or behalf are entitled to use the K-Plussa application. The database has different user levels so users only receive administration or browsing rights to the information that they require. Each specified user has a personal user ID and password. The system is protected by a firewall, which protects the system from requests that originate outside of Kesko.
9. Right to inspect data
Everybody has the right to receive the data related to themselves that is stored in the data file, or to receive confirmation that there is no such data stored in the data file, provided that they supply the information that is required to search for the data.
Anybody who wishes to inspect the information related to himself/herself must present a request to the controller of the data file in the form of a document signed in his/her own hand or by visiting the controller of the data file in person. Such a request must be delivered to the K-Plussa postal address provided above.
10. Right to demand that data be corrected
Subject to limitations, customers may update their own information using the K-Plussa website (www.plussa.com). Other requests to correct data must be made by calling K-Plussa customer service on +358 10 19 8604 Mon–Fri, 8am–6pm. Within Finland, the call will be charged at the local rate or your mobile rate. Requests can also be made in writing to the K-Plus Oy postal address provided above.
The customer must provide the information required to correct the data. The customer's name, address and K-Plussa card number will be required to identify the customer. It is desirable for
the customer to provide a telephone number to enable the customer to be contacted if necessary.
K-Plus Oy takes care to ensure that customer data is correct and intact by regularly updating the official name and contact information of the holder of the K-Plussa customer relationship from
a reliable source.
11. Permission and prohibition
Customers may permit or prevent K-Plus Oy from sending direct marketing communications in accordance with Section 200 of the Information Society Code or prevent K-Plus Oy from processing data related to them for the purposes of direct marketing, market research or opinion polls in accordance with Section 30 of the Personal Data Act.
Customers may consent to receiving direct marketing communications via the following media:
• Mobile phone
Customers may prohibit:
• Direct marketing to a postal address
• Market research and opinion polls
• Registration of their purchase patterns in their entirety, with the consequence that the K-Plussa customer cannot be granted points benefits based on these purchases. The customer can only receive benefits that are directly granted on the basis of presenting a K-Plussa card when paying for purchases. These do not include points benefits.
• Registration of purchase data at the product group level, with the consequence that purchases will be registered at the final sum level and points benefits will be granted but services based on product information cannot be provided.
• Registration of purchase data at the product level, with the consequence that data will be registered related to product groups and points benefits will be granted
• If the customer has exercised his/her right to prohibit direct marketing to his/her address and
to prohibit market research and opinion polls, and if the customer has also not consented to receive direct marketing communications, K-Plus Oy will only send the customer messages that are necessary from the perspective of managing the customer relationship.
Customers can provide and update their permissions and prohibitions using the K-Plussa online service (by logging in to Oma K-Plussa (My K-Plussa) or by using the customer service feedback channel), by calling K-Plussa customer service on +358 10 19 8604 Mon–Fri, 8am–4pm (calls will be charged at the local network rate or the mobile rate) or in writing to the K-Plus Oy postal address provided above.
Customers will be required to identify themselves when contacting K-Plus Oy by telephone
or in writing by providing the following information: name, address and K-Plussa card number.
1 April 2015